Although it isn’t Halloween yet, it’s never too soon to begin planning for Thanksgiving. I will share this tip with you to help you save time in the future. It’s not easy to ensure that Thanksgiving dinner is ready and hot at the same moment. This is even more difficult when you only have one stove. These Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes can be made on the side and will save space on your stovetop. You can also use it to prepare other recipes. Thanksgiving Day boil-over avoided.
WHY MAKE MASHED POTATOES IN A SLOW COOKER
The slow cooker eliminates the need to “babysit the boiling pot”, which allows you to focus on making the rest of the meal. The slow cooker eliminates the need to boil, drain, check for tenderness with a fork, use multiple pots or dishes and also gives you an additional burner on your stovetop. Slow cooker mashed potatoes are easy to use. Add all the ingredients to the pot, and then press a button. They’ll still be fine if they don’t arrive in time.
WHAT TASTE MASHED POTATOES LIKE?
My mashed potatoes were flavoured with butter, cream cheese, garlic, pepper, milk, and butter. However, you can also use your favourite mashed potato additions to this recipe. The final weight of the mashed potatoes will remain the same at 3 pounds. About 1.5 cups broth and potatoes. After they are cooked, you can add whatever flavourings you like. My All-Purpose Garlic Herb seasoning is my favourite. But you can also use ranch seasoning or Everything But The Bagel Seasoning.
What kind of potatoes are best for mashed potatoes?
Because of their light and smooth flesh, Russet potatoes are my favourite choice for mashed potatoes. Red potatoes can be used, but they will make a softer mashed potato.
CAN I MAKE THEM VEGAN?
Absolutely! Yes! You can substitute the chicken broth in the recipe for vegetable broth. You should be aware that vegetable broth tends to be darker in colour, so your finished mashed potatoes might look darker.
HOW BIG IS A SLOW COOKER?
Although I used a 5-quart slow cooker, it was only half full. You could probably use a 3-quart slow cooker to make this recipe.
MASHED POTATOES – SLOW COOKER
Slow cooker mashed potatoes make it easy to prepare rich, creamy mashed potatoes for the Holidays.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- 3 lbs. russet potatoes ($1.80)
- 1.5 cups chicken broth ($0.20)
- 2 cloves minced garlic ($0.16)
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper ($0.05).
- 4 oz. cream cheese ($0.40)
- 1/2 cup milk (0.25)
- 1 Tbsp butter ($0.13)
- Peel the potatoes and then cut them into 1-inch cubes. Rinse the potatoes in cool water and place them in a colander to remove any starch.
- The slow cooker will be ready when you add the cubed potatoes, minced garlic, chicken broth, and freshly cracked pepper. Stir well to distribute the pepper and garlic.
- Cover the slow cooker with a lid and cook the potatoes on high for 3 hours or until they are tender. Lift the lid and poke the potatoes with a fork to test for tenderness.
- Remove the lid from the slow cooker. Add the cream cheese, milk, and butter. Mix all ingredients and then mash potatoes. To make the potato mashed extra smooth, whip the potatoes briefly with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, or set the slow cooker on the “warm” setting until you are ready to serve.
Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories: 259.77 Kilocalories Protein: 6.93 G Fat: 5.58 G Sodium: 441.73mg Fiber: 3.18 G