These chocolate chip cookie bars are a crowd pleaser! These cookies are easy to make and deliciously chewy.
Everybody loves a good chocolate chip cookie. We think this is even better: soft and gooey chocolate chip cookie bars! These cookies have a delicious, chewy texture and are loaded with dark chocolate chips. The oatmeal adds a touch of nostalgia and makes the edges perfectly golden. Your friends will ask for the recipe, just like we did.
Ingredients in chocolate chip cookie bars
A good tray of bars is the best: it’s great for parties, pitch-ins, or snacks after school. What are the advantages of bars over cookies? Bars are much simpler to make: you don’t have to chill the dough or portion it out. Put the dough in a 9×9 pan and bake. This is a simple and fun way to make a delicious treat. These bars are irresistible and soft, and they last for days. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- All-purpose flour
- Old-fashioned rolled oatmeal
- Baking powder
- Light brown sugar, granulated sugar
- Dark chocolate chips
Mix the dough and bake the bars for chocolate chip cookies for 21-23 minutes. That’s it! It’s much simpler than baking cookies.
How to make chocolate chip cookie bars
There are some best practices when making chocolate chip cookie bars. Here are some tips:
- First, grease the pan and then line it with parchment paper. This makes it easy to take out of the pan. To make it easy to remove the parchment from the pan, cut it, so it extends to the two sides. The other side will be cut to fit in the bottom. The parchment will stick to the bottom if you grease the whole pan.
- Let the chips cool for at least one hour. This allows the texture to be set up, making it chewy and delicious. The chips may take up to two hours to set fully. You can warm it with a fork if you prefer.
- Flaky sea salt can be added to the top if you wish. If you like a sweet and savoury flavour, take them out of the oven.
Or, you can eat them warm with ice cream.
These chocolate chip cookie bars make a great dessert choice for parties, cookouts, and other events. They can be eaten chilled as bars, or if you are too busy to wait, they can be eaten warm. You can warm them and top them with vanilla ice cream as a fancy dessert. Let the pan cool for at least 15 minutes before you serve. You can also make a sundae by adding a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
After baking the chocolate chip cookie bars, how do you store them? To prevent them from sticking to one another, place parchment paper between the layers. Please place them in an airtight container. You can keep them for the following:
- 3 Days at Room Temperature
- 2 week refrigerated
- 3 month frozen
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of Old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar, Pack
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 Cup Bittersweet Chocolate Chips, Divided
- Sea salt, optional for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit Grease a 9×9 pan. Line the pan with parchment paper to make it easy to remove from the pan.
- Mix the flour, oats and baking powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the room temperature butter, brown and granulated sugars in a stand mixer for about 4 to 5 minutes or with a hand mixer. Use a spatula to scrape the bowl and add eggs and vanilla to the butter on low speed. Mix the flour mixture with the butter until it is well combined. Mix in 3/4 cup of the chopped chocolate chips. Stir until evenly distributed.
- Use a spatula or a spoon to smoothen the sticky batter onto the pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 21-23 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Transfer the pan to a cooling rack. Sprinkle a few drops of flaky sea salt on top.
- Let cool completely for at least an hour. Cut into 16 pieces by running a knife along the edges. You can also warm it up with ice cream. Place layers of parchment paper between the bars to store.