The past week, I spoke to a journalist from MarketWatch. As I shared the story of Budget Bytes, I joked about my college graduation and how I didn’t want to eat canned beans every day. Now, I am eating my words because canned beans can be prepared this way, and I could eat them every day. This Rosemary Garlic White Bean Soup is easy to make, only eight ingredients are required, and it will bring you warm, cosy fall vibes.
HOW TO SERVE ROSEMARY GARLIC WHITE BEAN SOUP
The soup is simple but has a bold flavour. It can be served on its own or with some crusty bread to dip. When I was photographing the soup, I started adding fun toppings. I drizzled some pesto on one bowl, topped it with some homemade Croutons, and then shaved a bit more fresh Parmesan. A bit of melty Gruyere, or smoked mozzarella, would make this dish even more delicious.
As you know, I prefer simplicity. However, if you have the ingredients and need them, you can add them to your Rosemary Garlic White bean Soup.
- Sauteed garlic in a sautee pan with chopped onion, celery, and carrots
- The bacon should be cooked to brown.
- Sauteed ham before adding garlic to make it crispy
- Zucchini with the beans
- Stirred in the soup at the last minute with kale or spinach
- After cooking, add lemon juice (1-2 Tbsp).
CAN DRY BEANS BE USED?
Although you can make the same soup with dry beans, it will require additional steps that I would need to test before giving instructions. A Slow Cooker White Bean soup with dry beans and additional vegetables is available. It’s a great choice.
IS IT PERFECT TO MAKE THIS IN A PRESENT POT?
This soup does not require fancy techniques to use the Instant Pot’s “soup” function. However, the saute function may be used for the first step with oil and garlic. It’s faster on the stovetop and takes less time than waiting for the IP pressure to release.
CAN I FREEZE THIS ROSEMARY GARLIC WHITE BEANS SOUP?
Absolutely! The soup freezes well. Although I made a small batch, you can easily double the recipe and freeze the rest for later. You can double the recipe by increasing the serving size in the recipe card to 8. All other ingredients will adjust automatically.
EASY ROSEMARY GARLIC WHITE BEANS SOUP
This Rosemary Garlic White Bean Soup is so easy to make. It only requires eight ingredients. The result? A bowl of bold, rich flavour!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: Each 1.25 cup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($0.32)
- 4 cloves of garlic ($0.32)
- 3 15oz. cans cannellini beans ($1.47)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth) ($0.26)
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary ($0.05
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary ($0.02)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper ($0.02)
- Freshly cracked black pepper for taste ($0.03)
- Put one can of cannellini beans and their liquid into a blender. Blend until smooth. The other cans of beans should be drained.
- Add the minced garlic to a soup pan with olive oil. Sauté the garlic on medium heat for approximately one minute or until it is fragrant.
- Mix the pureed canned cannellini beans with broth, rosemary, and crushed red pepper. Add some freshly cracked pepper. Mix well.
- Cover the pot with a lid and heat on medium-high. Once the soup is boiling, reduce the heat to low. Turn the heat down to medium-low once the soup has boiled. Once the soup simmers, take off the lid and let it simmer for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- To thicken the soup, you can smash the beans a little. Add salt to the soup. Serve the soup hot with some crusty bread for dipping.
Serving Size: 1.25 Cups Calories : 380.03 Kcal Carbohydrates : 61.91 G Protein: 14.28 G Fat: 8.2g Sodium : 1417.45mg Fiber: 17.05g